The Comboni Missionaries (Verona Fathers) are an international religious and missionary Order founded by Bishop Daniel Comboni in Verona (Italy) in 1867, specifically to serve the missionary endeavour of the Roman Catholic Church.
Our Members live in Community and practice the Religious Vows of Poverty, Chastity and Obedience.
Our activities in the UK largely consist of visiting Catholic Parishes to appeal for funds to support some of the most unfortunate and disadvantaged communities in the world, including the Central African Republic, South Sudan and the Republic of Congo.
Worldwide, we are a group of more than 4,000 priests, brothers, sisters and lay people from forty-four nationalities who have dedicated our lives to following Christ’s example and St. Daniel Comboni’s missionary ideal of evangelisation.
The aims of the Comboni Missionaries are:
- To proclaim the Gospel to those who have not heard it
- To foster – according to Gospel values – peace, justice and the integrity of the creation worldwide
- To serve and support young churches, particularly in Africa, as they grow and mature
- To collect and distribute funds for the relief of famine and dire poverty
- To promote the missionary spirit of the Roman Catholic Church in the UK and Ireland
Comboni Missionaries (Verona Fathers)
Tel: 01344 621238